Friday, March 30, 2012

Two Awesome Conferences

These past two weekends, (or so) I have attended two wonderful conferences. The first one was YOUTHANASIA (dying to self, living for Jesus, changing the world.)  It was held at our church.  It was a blast.  We played four square too!  Some topics that we learned about were leadership, and spiritual gifts.  We got to spend the weekend with some of our friends and we had an awesome time.

The second conference was the Great Homeschool Convention in SC.  We learned a lot and we got to meet some exciting people.  One exciting person that we got to meet was Andrew Pudewa who teaches IEW (Institute for Excellence in Writing) through video.  We got to do IEW with our homeschool group and I enjoyed it a lot. The second exciting person we got to meet was Jim Weiss who does audio stories for Great Hall Productions.  He was Cole's favorite.  The third exciting person we got to meet was Monica Irvine from the Etiquette Factory.  We learned some new manners and reviewed some old ones with her.  Another exciting person I got to hear speak on purity was Sarah Mally who wrote Before You Meet Prince Charming.  This book is aimed for younger girls (11,12, 13 yrs.) because a lot of other books on purity are very detailed.  Older girls can read it too though.  I snagged a copy of this book and I am greatly enjoying it so far.  The Great Homeschool Convention was a very exciting conference that I enjoyed for my first time.  

I hope this catches you up a little bit on what I have been up to recently.  Have a super weekend.
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update. So glad you had a great time. Beautiful memories for a beautiful young lady. LOVE, Gma

    ReplyDelete