Thursday, January 24, 2013

Inspiration

After a busy day...  I have finally had the chance to just lean back and say ahhh.   Today I picked up Kisses from Katie and was quite inspired.  I walked into the living room after a while to give mom an update on the progress I had achieved book.  She reminded me of an email forward that she sent me a few days ago of a Holy Experience blog post that I hadn't had a chance to look at yet.  So, I hopped on the computer to check it out.  The post was about Kisses from Katie and talking about a lot of the things in the book that I had just read.  Every day Katie finds at least 100 children in her yard ready for lunch, homework help, and showers.  This chapter was about how Katie found scabies on some of the children that were in her backyard on that particular day.  She took them into her home, gave them food, a bed, warm baths, and courageously treated their scabies with the risk that she our any of her girls could catch them.  Katie's willingness just blows my mind!  A convicting fact from this chapter was that if 8 percent of Christians would care for only one more child, there wouldn't be ANY orphans or needy children left.  Katie also says that if you go into a village to teach a child about God's love, how will they ever understand if they don't know what is?  The only thing you can do is just love.  Love.  That should be our goal.  Love.  That's what we can do.  Love.  That's how we will make a difference.


Let's love others together.  What do you say?

1 comment:

  1. What a dear post. Bet Kisses from Katie is a wonderful book. Would love for you to give me an oral book review on it!! Love to you, Gma

    ReplyDelete