Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas is coming......

Ahhhh..... I really can't believe that it's almost time for Christmas again.  I mean seriously, it seems like we were just bundling up in winter coats and tearing through presents and listening to Christmas tunes. It's not that I don't like Christmas or Winter.  To say that I do is an understatement.  I absolutely love the cold months and honestly there is not really a season that I don't like.  I am a girl after my mom's heart when it comes to fall and winter.  I get so excited when we get to bundle up and go outside and play in the snow.  I also get pumped up when I get to help make "The Wright Kid's Snickerdoodles" to serve as a Christmas treat for those who help us out so much all throughout the year.  Another one of my favorite things to do during the Christmas season is to wrap gifts.  Every year I savor all of these traditions.  Because it's snowing today, and because I got to help decorate for Christmas at church, I have become very excited.  So, I thought that I would post a poem about Winter\Christmas that I found.



The Winter Heart 

Wish but one wish when winter comes,
Dream but one dream of the past.
The light from a fire is in all our homes
But the flames from the hearth won't last.
For faint and few are the embers,
Snuggle up and keep on your gloves;
What the Winter Heart always remembers
Is the warmth of a heart that loves.


Source: http://www.theholidayspot.com/christmas/poems/poetry_page_1.htm#gxZKp3EBRw85SCZA.99

Well I'm so glad I have gotten to post some this week.  Hope to post some more soon!

Talk to you shortly,
Megan

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, my Meg! You warm my heart always. . . Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Love right back to ya, Gma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Christmas, too! That poem is so good. :)

    ReplyDelete